Monday, January 02, 2006

Well this is the movie i was trying to remember the title of on new year's eve. I knew it existed, and i wasn't just imagining it for the sake of conversation. I have a very hard time remembering names and titles and other important info. perhaps if i cared a bit more i would commit these things to memory better. oh well. I am not going to attempt to write a review of this movie for several reasons-
One.... being that i am not critic. this is proven to me over and over again when some of my seemingly more brilliant friends point out things that never crossed my mind after watching movies. Two.... i am not a writer, which you already know if you have read any of my posts in the past. Three.... i watched this movie when i was eight and thought it was brilliant! I don't plan on watching it again and i don't plan on changing my opinion. I remember sitting on my grandma's floor and being engrossed in the movie. I went through each part of it with the characters and felt what they did. I was on pins and needles hoping against all hope that they would survive their adventure and make it home for bedtime! there were a few jokes that went completely over my head but i laughed anyway. i was afraid of the gangs in downtown chicago just like sara and the kids were, and yet i was keenly aware of how odd their outfits looked. when sara caught her boyfriend cheating i hated him even though i wasn't quite sure what he had done. i climbed the skyscrapers, fell for the hero and yes i did make it home in time for bed. I am fairly sure that if you watch the movie you may not experience it the same way i did- unless of couse you are an eight year old little girl seeing it for the first time at your grandma's house while eating little debbie snacks and holding on to your blanky.

Yes i still had a blanky at age eight!
why didn't you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

for someone who claims to not be a writer, this is not bad.

sadly, i may not have time to watch this gem of 80's cinema.

1/04/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Jo Custer said...

i concur, young lady...

1/04/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

awe shucks...

1/05/2006 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home