Thursday, January 26, 2006

squats and lunges seal my fate

i have become immobilized from my pursuit of beautiful thighs. peter and i are possibly venturing out to hawaii in may. i am trying to contain my excitement about the possible trip until i know it is a done deal. the thought of running around in a bikini in hawaii has spurred me into action. i worked out with peter two days ago and was truly inspired. i did lunges, squats, calf raises...you name it. i felt strong, in control, and gorgeous even in my old pj pants and fleece pullover that has been my uniform for the past three days. perhaps that is gross but i am in darlington pa and i don't think the cows will mind. i went to bed with visions of sunsets and perfectly sculpted legs.......

i am now enduring day two of my workout's revenge and feeling less than attractive as i waddle around the house.... it hurts to sit, stand, or walk. I believe every muscle in my legs is burning and tight. i fear bending and kneeling, and the steps and toilet are my sworn enemies. I have been sore like this before and lived, and it really isn't so bad when you can walk around in sweats at home and avoid having to sit or stand too much. Unfortunately i have to perform in a show tonight... glide out on stage exuding poise and sophistication in three and half inch heels, begin my monologue, and then sit down only to bound up from my seat in a moment of clarity to finish my delivery. easy enough right, well...not for these legs at least not tonight. i have to brace myself to sit without wincing...so... trying to sit while keeping sex appeal and without the slightest hint of pain will be my greatest challenge yet. well not quite, but it will be hard. perhaps i will be fine or perhaps i will half sit half fall into the chair and then call to one of the dancers to help hoist me back out of the chair again and hope no one notices. who knows maybe this will push me to new heights in my performance and people will rave over it. "did you see her expressions... it was as if she really felt her characters pain" "yes i thought the subtle wince as she sat was brilliant and the way she strained to stand as if giving her last ounce of strength to face her demons and move on with her life...brilliant" ...one can dream

.... needless to say i now fear the stage and its chair.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jo Custer said...

no...use those legs to shape your character

...oh, i'm laughing

1/27/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

from where i sat (in the lobby listening to my ipod), you pulled it off wonderfully.

1/27/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh My Lord!!!!! It is so cool to hear from you!!!! I will email You soon!!

2/12/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Frankita said...

is it cool to hear from me too? is it? is it? please say yes. :)

you crack me up with your crazy leg stories.

2/13/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

its always cool to hear form frankita...known as franky's cooler mexican twin

ps so pissed i am in kansas city i will not see you when you move back!!!!!

2/15/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Frankita said...

you move back too then. (wow, that was an awkward sentence)

heh heh heh

2/16/2006 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that particular model. The prices for the boots are around 320 bucks everwhere. But finally I base this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what do you think?

2/26/2010 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that particular model. The prices seeking the velcros were all over 210 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what can you tell me about these?

3/17/2010 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home