Tuesday, May 16, 2006

happenings




happenings

a lot of things have happen but only a few of note

my dearest lady died two months ago....if you don't already know lady was my dog. She was 12 years old when she passed from a blood clot. this is the only picture of her that i have on my computer. bridgette took it christmas morning 2005. i am not going to try to explain how much she meant to me and how cool of a dog she was bc i don't feel like crying tonight but you should know that she was the best!

my parents got a new puppy a few weeks ago....
not sure how i feel about that but from what i hear the new pup is a little rascal. his name is clyde and he is a black and sable collie

i received a job promotion. i am now an operations lead in training...i am basically learning how to run the store from behind the scenes which as is turns out is harder then it looks.

my car has broken down twice

the grey's anatomy season finally made me cry my eyes out! i can't believe denny died!!! if you haven't seen it yet sorry if i gave away the ending

i am trying to finish the divinci code before the movie comes out on the 19th

i think its funny that people are boycotting the film.....people are so narrow minded

i went to my first harley davidson biker/ cinco de mayo party in topeka kansas...i met some very interesting charecters and danced a bit of salsa

if you are looking for an interesting book to read try heaven's mirror by graham hancock it kinda makes you wonder about what you've been taught and what's actually the truth...i am secretly hoping someone i know will read it so i can discuss it and not have to revert to an online chat about the book...

i am considering an audition for west side story...but that would keep us out here awhile...hmmm what to do?

12 Comments:

Blogger Jo Custer said...

so sorry about lady. she was as kind and as gentle a collie as you could ever ask for.

no surprises, though, since dogs tend to reflect the personalities of those who love them the most

5/17/2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

if the word from Cannes is to be believed, you'd be better of skipping a screening of The Da Vinci Code altogether.

oh, i read a book you'd really like: Andre Dubus' "Adultery & other choices" (he's the guy who wrote the original story that became In the Bedroom)

5/18/2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

jo- good to hear your voice even if its only the tapping of the keyboard...and thank you

rebs-i am glad you enjoy my rambling...i in turn enjoy yours..i would love to hear more about it

lucas-i have heard that the movie isn't that great as well...which doesn't surprise me bc the book is poorly written...but i will still go see it...you know what they say about train wrecks! ...you just can't quite look away...i will be in need of a new book in a week i'll look it up

5/19/2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

i'd say i have faith in your ability to resist, but i'll probably end up seeing it, if for no other reason than being able to bitch and moan about it.

5/19/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Jo Custer said...

Oh, don't thank me, thank your mother, if anybody...hey, when you get the time, would you please read this? (only 584 words!)

i want to know if it makes you want to see the movie, keep reading, et cetera. if you don't get the chance or just haven't the inclination, tho, i'll understand -- don't feel obligated to read it. 'nuff about me...

did ya audition for West Side? for Maria?

5/20/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Jo Custer said...

um...that invitation's open to anyone else, too...since it's not often I ask people to criticize me, you may want to take advantage of that while you can

(i'll put "heaven's mirror" high up on my reading list, so that one day we can converse perchance... right now, I'm reading Bradbury's "Dandelion Wine")

5/24/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jo Custer said...

Rachel...to make links on your blog sidebar, go to "Settings" on the dashboard, then click on the "Templates" tab at the top.

You'll be brought to an alien field of html with one little scroll bar in a smaller cell and another larger one at the right.

far right, scroll all the way down. in the html box, scroll about 80% of the way down -- what you're looking for is the place where the profile ends and the sidebar begins (Main Archive Page)

the links are already there (the Google Me and the Edit Me) and all you have to do is replace what's in the " " in the link field (the one with the a href= and the li and the thing of this nature) with Rebecca's URL, and then change the words 'google me' to drunkard's prayer, or however you choose to write it. on the sidebar, you can use upper and lower case letters and punctuation. you can add and subtract the number of links, and by adhering to the spatial positioning of the stuff that's already in there, you can create new sets of links if you choose.

the sets start at the "h2" bit and end at the "ul", or underline bit. I hope this makes sense, but you should try it...I had to figure it all out myself, and there's still a lot I don't know, but this should get you started.

a tag, by the way, is as follows, except minus the periods:

<.b>minus<./b> for bold:

minus

and so on...

5/24/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

hahaha yes i still don't know how to put links up... thanks i'll work on it

5/24/2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger Jo Custer said...

you're welcome...I just saw your comment on ms. williams' blog, and thought I'd help ya out...I also saw that ya read my review...perhaps I'll hold my thoughts on heaven's mirror hostage until...? oh, and before I forget...I'll have something up on Streamline sometime in June.

I'm writing a short screenplay.
something simple.

5/24/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Frankita said...

hi rach. so sorry to hear about lady. i remember what it was like to lose my cat. i cried off and on for a few days. hope to hear from you soon!

6/03/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Jo Custer said...

...what did i do to deserve the silent treatment from everybody today?

6/09/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
scrap metal logan
scrap metal bins

7/01/2021 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home